Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Leap of Faith. . .

I did it.  Tuesday I took a huge leap of faith and resigned my teaching position---effective at the end of the school year. 

I've wanted to be a designer of one kind or the other since I can remember.  I used to spend hours designing clothes on paper and dreamed of being a fashion designer.  As I grew older, I gained an interest in interior design and even floral design and thought maybe I'd pursue one of those.  Needless to say, for various reasons, none of that worked out, and I ended up with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies (a fancy way of saying Elementary Education). 

I never completely forgot about my desire to design; I just used it to decorate my house or make purses or some other craft.

Then one day in January of 2005, I discovered a new designing passion after browsing a how-to book on making gifts for people.  One project in the book was making earrings from sterling silver wire; this started the creative juices flowing!  I started researching how to make jewelry with wire and where to get tools and materials. I was HOOKED! I truly believe it was Divine Inspiration.

Fast forward to February 2011 and I have a website, a blog, an AMAZINGLY supportive husband, and WONDERFULLY supportive family and friends....All this combined with much prayer gave me the faith to step out.

I am so excited to embark upon this journey of learning and growing; the goal is to honor my Lord and Savior through my business--He is truly my rock and my salvation from which all my creativity flows.

1 comment:

  1. May the Lord richly bless you on your new journey. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete