Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Fun Weekend...

Two years ago, my little sister decided that we needed to have a Family Fun Day...she planned it at a place called the Oil Ranch near Houston.  Unfortunately, my husband wasn't able to go because he was on call, but everyone else was able to show up...Dad, Mom, my brother and his family, my sister and her husband, and, of course, LaLa:-)
Last year, she determined that Family Fun Day was not enough; we needed to have Family Fun Weekend.  Therefore, we all went to a cabin owned by my sister-in-law's uncle.  We had a wonderful time of eating, fishing, pedal boating, and general relaxing.

This year, she stepped it up a notch and decided we needed to be somewhere by the water.  We rented a wonderful house in Ingleside by the Bay from the mom of a friend of mine.  It was the perfect set-up for our family.  We were close to Rockport and Port Aransas.  We all had a wonderful time in Port Aransas at the beach.  My Dad even got in the water!  He had a blast playing with his grandkids during their first time at the beach.  It was a wonderfully relaxing time with the family, and I can't wait to see what happens next year!

Does your immediate family have yearly get-togethers?  I'd love to hear about them!

Cheers,
LaLa

1 comment:

  1. This was great fun! I hope we can continue our yearly adventures.

    ReplyDelete