Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Going Back in Time...

I traveled back in time the other day as I was looking at pieces of jewelry I made when I started out.  I started practicing the basics of wirework at the beginning of 2005.  Probably the place from which I learned the most was www.jatayu.com... the website of Connie Fox.  She has basic tutorials on her site that I printed and practiced.  I was inspired by her work; especially the bangles, the brangles, and the charm bracelets. 

After a few months of practicing basic rosary link pieces, bangles and brangles (a brangle is part bracelet, part bangle) I gained more confidence and created jewelry that was a little more difficult to wear to the wedding of some friends of ours...a charm bracelet and some matching earrings.  To this day, this set is still one of my favorites.  I've even put the bracelet on a ribbon and worn it as a necklace! I love the colors and the wide variety of beads. 

It's still an inspiration to me; I look at it and am transported back to a time when I just went for it even thought I wasn't really sure what I was doing.  It's a reminder to continue to step out in faith...

                                                          

Thanks for traveling back in time with me!

Cheers,
LaLa

No comments:

Post a Comment