Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Saturday, July 2, 2011

A new journey...

It was a grimy day in our household today; the start of a new journey.  One in which we will encounter new experiences. We decided to finally tackle putting in new flooring.  Of course, to do so, we had to dispose of what was there.  Wow! I had no idea there would be so much fine dirt under the carpet pad...so much for that expensive vacuum I bought!  I was a bit discombobulated until I was assured that it is pretty routine to find dirt under there.  Phew! 

Now when I say tackle putting in new flooring, I mean that we will actually be doing the work; not hiring out.  We have totally different approaches to tasks, so it should be an interesting few weeks.  Today actually went smoothly, so I'm trying to have faith that we can continue this journey with a wonderful working relationship! 

Today we concentrated on the main living areas; we'll save the master suite for later.  Tomorrow we begin painting, which, by the way, I REALLY dislike.  If I knew my guilty conscience wouldn't eat at me, I would make up an excuse to get out of it! But, alas, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I stuck my amazing husband with all the fun, so I'll be right in the middle of it all. 

If anyone out there has an anecdote to share about a time you completed a home improvement project with your husband or wife, I'd love to hear about it!

Hopefully, I'll manage to survive this journey,  and I'll post pics of the final outcome.

Cheers,
LaLa

No comments:

Post a Comment