Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Good Stewardship. . .

As I was deciding to take the step to the world wide web, I tried to find a way to make sure I was taking at least small steps to be a good steward of the earth the Lord has given us.  It came to me one day...recycle!  No, not sort my plastics and glass, but use cereal and other boxes that people normally throw away to make boxes into which to put the jewelry I sell.  I set about letting others know that I would gladly take their trash.  It has paid off.  I now have boxes coming in from wonderful co-workers from which to make cute little boxes for jewelry. 

I also use various types of shredded paper as filling in the boxes instead of purchasing toxin laden plastic coated cotton on which to place the jewelry.  To help protect the purchases inside the shipping boxes, I recycle protective packing items that I receive when purchasing items from my suppliers. 

I end up not only conserving resources, but also saving money which is passed on to the customer through better prices!

1 comment: