Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Monday, July 11, 2011

In memorium...

Last summer I spent several hours (about 10 or so) working on a large cross pendant and neckwire.  It was three layers of metal; copper, brass, and sterling with a sterling silver neckwire.  It was a labor of love, having been commissioned by my Mom as a retirement gift for her best friend and prayer partner.  The cross was created with cold connections (rivets); no soldering.  My Mom reported that her friend loved it, and I was very glad.  

Yesterday, my Mom lost her friend.  Judy Sullivan was killed in a car accident, and her husband was critically injured.  Obviously, we were all shocked; it was one of those unexpected tragedies.  When I heard, I felt sadness for Judy's family, and concern for David, her husband.  I was also mourning for my Mom's loss.  Mom and Judy had been friends and prayer partners for the past several years.

For me, Judy's death is a reminder that life is short. In James chapter 4, verse 14, the Bible says, "You don't even know what tomorrow will bring--what your life will be! For you are like smoke that appears for a little while, then vanishes."  (HCSB)   The Bible doesn't stop there, though.  It tells us of God who loves us so much that he sent His ONLY Son to die on the cross for our sins.  Sins that we all commit; even if we don't want to admit it.  Romans 3:23 states "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." That means you and I and every other person that has ever lived or will ever live has done something wrong and is separated from God by that sin, condemning us to hell.  However, there is some wonderful news...since Jesus Christ paid for our sins by dying on the cross, there is a way to be assured that when we die, we will be reunited with God. The way is FREE---all we have to do is believe.  That's right--believe.  John 3:15 promises "That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. " (KJV)  If we believe that Christ is the way to heaven, not our works or anything that we can do, say, pay for, etc, then we will have eternal life in Heaven.  "For you are saved by GRACE through FAITH, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift. Not from works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8&9 (HCSB)

Praise God, that Judy was one who had believed.  She is no longer with us on this earth, and she will be mourned and missed.  However, my Mom can be comforted and know that one day, while in Heaven, she and Judy will once again be laughing about their great adventure on the way to San Antonio.

I know that some who read this will rejoice at the fact that Judy is with her Savior.  Others will not quite know what to make of this and have questions---I hope those individuals will email me (lala@jewelrybylala.com) with those questions so that I can help; I am confident that Judy would want others to know the same peace that she had through Christ Jesus. Lastly, there will be those that will completely reject it.  To all, I end with a prayer for you; to those in the latter category, I leave you with these words, "Can you afford to be wrong?"


In Memory of Judy Sullivan.


Cheers,
LaLa
www.jewelrybylala.com
lala@jewelrybylala.com

1 comment:

  1. Lala,
    This is a wonderful memorial to Judy. Thank you for your concern and prayers. I am so blessed to have such a daughter as you. Love you much, mom

    ReplyDelete