Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Thursday, July 21, 2011

What's New?

Here are a couple of pieces I've created this week.  I am working my way through the projects in a book entitled "Soldering Made Simple" by Joe Silvera. It has been fun  learning new techniques.  That's not to say there haven't been some glitches along the way; however, not on these two projects! 





This one isn't my usual fare, but I had a great time creating it and tweaking his design a bit to make it more mine. 



                                                                



I was amazed at how well the project in the second picture went.  I anticipated a bit of trouble soldering the round wire to the top and the base of the band, but it worked on the first try!!  Praise God!!  Can't wait to make more rings using these techniques.


Till next time,


Cheers,
LaLa

www.jewelrybylala.com
lala@jewelrybylala.com



3 comments:

  1. I love the second ring--it is very classic, which is so my style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kristen. I truly enjoyed creating it. I am ready to design a line of his and her rings based on this premise.

    ReplyDelete