Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Friday, July 29, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect...

We've all hear the old adage "Practice makes perfect"...well, it's true.

Just over a week ago, I created another project from Joe Silvera's book, Soldering Made Simple---a box clasp.  Let me tell you, it was enough to eat my lunch.  I'll admit though, the problems were of my own making because I'm not one to follow a "recipe" exactly...I made the clasp a little too large for a first project, and my little torch had a problem keeping up.  After about 6 1/2 hours, I finally finished it.  However, not without a huge dent in the top (that's a whole other lesson). I had to cover up the dent with some flowers; it doesn't look too bad for a first project, but I am not really that happy with it.  Thus, I had to try it again. 

This attempt went much more smoothly.  It only took a couple of hours to complete the bulk of the project.  The only thing I have left is decoration.  As I'm writing this, I hope inspiration comes to me as to what to put on it...we'll see.


I'm not saying this second attempt is perfect, but it it is much better. I expect it will get faster and better each time I do this project...(the faster it goes, the more fun it it for the ADD me:-)!!


Here are a couple of pics---please excuse the shadows...



Above is attempt number 1...


                                                                             
Above is the back of attempt number 2...still deciding what to do with the front. I'll post a pic when it is finished.


Cheers,
LaLa

www.jewelrybylala.com

lala@jewelrybylala.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment