Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some Like it Hot...

...and some don't.  Earrings, that is.  I was working on a pair of earrings this evening before my date with my DH (dear husband), and something went terribly awry.  I was on the last step, soldering on the posts, and could taste success!  But, alas, the old adage is true...pride goeth before the fall!  One earring turned out beautifully, and one turned out, well, not so beautiful.  In my state of euphoria, I applied a bit too much (well, maybe more than a bit) heat while applying the post and part of the earring melted (not the solder part that was supposed to melt).  So much for that complete pair of earrings I planned to make before my date...live and learn!  I now know to watch the heat. Tomorrow it will only be HOT outside of my house, not inside too (hee! hee!).

I will start over on the second earring tomorrow; I decided to give it a rest tonight.  I will also not count my chickens before they hatch (wow! I'm full of cliches tonight, aren't I?).  

Experience is the best teacher, huh?! 

Cheers,
La La
www.jewelrybylala.com

No comments:

Post a Comment