Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! It's something new I'm trying. Here you will not only be able to follow my journey as a jewelry artist, but interact with me on a variety of life-related topics.

Follow me on Facebook

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Antiques, Food, and, Best of All, JUNK!

Had a great time the past two days (and last Saturday) in Warrenton, Texas at Antique Weekend (well, it's really more than a weekend as it started last week Wednesday)! LOTS of walking and raking through containers of things (rusty and otherwise) to find objects with which to make jewelry.  I found MANY pieces and can't wait to make something from them!  

One of the last items I bought today is probably my favorite--my husband is actually the one who found it in the booth of a couple who own a shop called JUNKOLOGY in New Braunfels--can you say JET engine part?! Kat was very personable and accommodating--I can see a road trip to New Braunfels in my future!  My sister-in-law bought a really fabulous metal folding chair from them in great turquoise and orange colors, and had I been in the market for some patio furniture, I could have snatched up an awesome RED glider, Can't wait to see what's in their shop!

I snapped a photo of some of the items I bought this time in Warrenton (it happens TWICE a year--the first weekend in April and October); these are my finds from last Saturday. Too tired to take pics of yesterday's or today's scores...maybe tomorrow!:-0


Oh...and I posted more jewelry on my ETSY site! www.jewelrybylala.com and click on SHOP or www.jewelrybylala.etsy.com.


Until next time...

Cheers,
LaLa
www.jewelrybylala.com
lala@jewelrybylala.com



No comments:

Post a Comment